Bitcoin ABC Wallet issue

rajoo sharma

Dec 1, 2017
When i open my Bitcoin ABC wallet, it just keeps on syncing for days on end. I wanted to send some of my bitcoin cash out and the transaction will not complete probably coz the wallet hasn't synced completely.
Unfortunately I couldn't upload a screen shot here.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
You need ABC 0.16.1 (or later) from https://download.bitcoinabc.org ) otherwise you will not be able to finish synchronizing properly.

If you're already running latest version, I would recommend you to stop the client, find the folder containing the peers.dat file on your machine, and remove that file and also banlist.dat .
The restart the client. As long as you see it is still synching, let it run until it's synced. It shouldn't take that long if you already had a blockchain downloaded. Otherwise, it depends on your internet connection, but can take up to a day or even longer if you're on a slow connection / computer.

You might want to increase the "dbcache" if your computer has enough RAM to allow it. If you provide details of your configuration I might be able to recommend some settings.

P.S. You can upload screenshots to imgur.com and then use the image icon to paste the image.

rajoo sharma

Dec 1, 2017
I have Bitcoin ABC v0.14.6.0-a46e63c (64bit)
Is that less than 0.16.1 ?
[doublepost=1512161440][/doublepost]i guess not :)
Follow up question : if I downloaded 0.16.1 will that update the 14.6 I have or will I need additional space for 0.16.1.?
I only have 8 gigs left in my laptop as the 14.6 has taken up 181 gigs already. My fear is if I delete old version to make space for the new, I only have my passphrase but not my seeds, will I be able to retrieve my wallet w the BCH.
Thanks again for helping me with this
[doublepost=1512161671,1512161014][/doublepost]Lastly how would I increase the "dbcache" of my computer. What configuration details can I give you to check that?

rajoo sharma

Dec 1, 2017
Free Trader.. I downloaded the latest version and deleted the dat files you said and the synced took a couple minutes!! I am all set. Thank you so much for your help!! I thought I saw a link somewhere here where we can contribute funds... can you please post that here when you have a sec? Thanks again!!
[doublepost=1512164320][/doublepost]Found it. Can i send Bitcoin Cash to this address?
1Q7qXKLU7SDsSQdFYw2XEusUbdeJ2iX41v

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Glad to hear you are back up and running.

About that address - let's ask @Bloomie if he accepts Bitcoin Cash donations at that address too - I'm not sure myself.

Reactions: Bloomie

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
I have updated the donation links to include the forum's Bitcoin Cash address: 1CWE2aorvE9haNy3dmDiTwndM2iHD8WRQ7.

Reactions: freetrader