Bitcoin ABC two chains BCHN and BCHA

woojihan77

Nov 9, 2020
After the Bitcoin Cash chain split, which is now guaranteed to take place on November 15, businesses can follow both chains using Bitcoin ABC software.

Businesses wanting to follow BCHA, a chain that will fund network development predictably from the block reward, should run Bitcoin ABC 0.22.6 (BCHA network), or any previous 0.22.x version.

Businesses wanting to follow BCHN, a chain that will fund network development from donations, should run the BCHN edition of our software: Bitcoin ABC 0.22.6 (BCHN network).

This gives businesses the freedom to choose between the two chains, while still being able to run battle-tested Bitcoin ABC software. The software will be available for businesses to download shortly after this announcement has been published.

https://www.bitcoinabc.org/releases/

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
> BCHN, a chain that will fund network development from donations

Incorrect. BCHN is a Bitcoin Cash (BCH) full node client, not a chain.

The chain is Bitcoin Cash (BCH).

Also, that chain's development will not be only funded by donations, but VOLUNTARILY as opposed to the ABC chain's enforced miner tax to ABC. That includes donations, but is not limited to it.

After the IFP, I do not recommend people use ABC anymore for professional use on Bitcoin Cash.

Instead of running "run the BCHN edition of [ABC] software" (which is really a misnomer as I point out, the network is called BCH), I recommend you run the real BCHN:

BCHN originated as a drop-in replacement for ABC, but has since added features and I would say it is now the better client to run, both in terms of performance, capability to handle larger loads and development culture.

Last edited: