Badass Big Block Bounty/The Great Blocksize War of 2016/The peoples offensive 100001/Season I/fun

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Why: Express moral and material support for large blocks. Take some of the bottom line risk out of mining a large block.

This is probably not necessary, but it could be fun.

How: Promise to pay some extra block reward money directly to the coinbase address of the first bigblock.

To qualify, the block
  • must be valid
  • must be based on the most recent published block, or the one prior to that
  • must have a length of 1000001 bytes or more
  • may have zero transactions in addition to the coinbase one.
  • may or may not be orphaned.

Many small pledges are better than one large. The size of the pledge should be at least twice the standard fee to make a difference. An amount too generous would steal all the attention and maybe detract smaller pledges, so a whole coin is probably enough.

To make a clean break, the pledge is only valid to a certain time, I just picked at random: 2016-04-01 24:00Z. A new pledge can be made after that if it is still relevant.

The pledge should preferably be signed. The signature does not have to be from an address with the same amount. It proves nothing except that the signer in fact has some coins.

Some of the pledges will of course not be paid. If the pledge is small, the pledge is signed, or the poster has not proved to be a complete moron, the confidence that the promise will be kept is higher.

(Somebody could probably design a confidence formula for this).

Feel free to comment, keep tabs on the aggregate sum and so on.

Add your pledges below. Starting out with my own:

Last edited:

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
I, Erdogan, promise to pay the amount 0.25 BTC to the coinbase address of the first large block.

1Dmnj8PaX3Zh4Q8nZJdecSUv5F8mVKpz4A

ILf2sMuJwY+ccVy4bdN/u1N3oaEITJ7DJGRpLTgAKFo5PwW03u2M5L5KVDGVNUbE1h4PpJGmhMG0lyZPxYmVCSY=
[doublepost=1453406652][/doublepost]Post corrections here, I will repost on reddit in a few hours.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@Erdogan
I like this initiative and I am prepared to match your 0.25. However, I would first prefer the caveat that the block has to get 6 confirmations. What do you think?

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
^
I rather think that the prize should go to any attempt. The miner will have to spend to make the block, and if it does not get six confirmations, he has to forgo the block reward. So the prize will ease the pain.

Reactions: Peter R

Members online