Anti-Virus Recommendations

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org
I'm personally using Linux, but I could need recommendations for a good anti-virus program.

I have installed Malwarebytes Pro for some friends/family members in the past, because they accept Bitcoin directly, but their program failed to detect some malware. I'd prefer paying with Bitcoin.

Bagatell

Aug 28, 2015
"I'm personally using Linux."

Ditto. I think you answered your own question. ; )

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
Yeah, but other people might have their reasons for using Windows and I think that's something worth respecting.

In the past I've also spent lots of time trying to help friends and family to get rid of malware on their Windows boxes and I've decided it's simply not worth it. Just let them deal with costs of their choices and you'll save lot of headache. I use Linux so I wouldn't have to deal with that stuff (among other reasons).

Reactions: Georg Engelmann

Bagatell

Aug 28, 2015
I know a guy who installs Linux (Ubuntu) on old computers that formerly ran Windows and I don't think any of his customers have looked back and most of them are Luddite pensioners.

And there are programs that are Windows only so FWIW I used Comodo when I last used the dark side (XP) : )