BUIP159: Ecosystem Outreach & Marketing for BU & On-chain Scaling 2021

singularity

Aug 17, 2016
BUIP159: Ecosystem Outreach & Marketing for BU & On-chain Scaling 2021
Submitted on 2nd December 2020 by singularity

Motivation
Bitcoin Unlimited is one of the most important assets to the Bitcoin Cash ecosystem. With a wealth of talented developers and members, a substantial war chest of financial resources, and a time-tested organisational structure, BU is in an excellent position to achieve its goals and push BCH forward.

Now that BCH has successfully overcome ABC’s attempt to add a tax to BCH, it is time to refocus our efforts on the future of Bitcoin Cash. BU’s consistent focus on bringing peer-to-peer electronic cash to as many people as possible has not wavered, and it is important that these efforts are maximised.

Objectives
There will be two primary goals with this BUIP, and these goals align with Bitcoin Unlimited’s mission.

Consistent and high-quality communication between Bitcoin Unlimited and the BCH ecosystem.
This goal follows and builds upon the work done throughout 2020. By using resources to communicate BU’s core message and initiatives, not only to the BCH ecosystem but also to the wider cryptocurrency industry, BU’s impact can be amplified.

This will include:

• Communication with members and the leadership of BU to understand what activities are happening within BU, and provide input where needed.
  • A continued active social presence across multiple relevant platforms (Twitter, Telegram, Reddit).
  • Weekly podcasts including interviews, discussions and debates of BU leaders, members and other relevant guests.
  • Content written to communicate key messages from Bitcoin Unlimited to the wider BCH ecosystem.
  • Content written to provide broadly useful information for people new to Bitcoin Cash.
  • Management of the new Bitcoin Unlimited website. (See BUIP161)

Bring more developers into the BCH ecosystem.
This is a new focus I am proposing for BU for 2021. This will be achieved through various initiatives including the CoinParty hackathon to get developers building on BCH, BUIP160 to create a more streamlined on-ramp system for developers new to BCH, BUIP161 to refresh the Bitcoin Unlimited website, and possibly an in-person conference later in the year (if travel restrictions let up).

• Management of BCH Dev on-ramp system project.
  • Event organisation.
  • Other developer-focussed initiatives.
Funding
Budget of £70,000 over a twelve-month period commencing from the date of vote. This funding will go towards the services that I and my staff provide to Bitcoin Unlimited. Payments are to be made monthly.

As to why this budget is above that of BUIP148 and BUIP132, the costs involved in them over-ran by about 30-40%, which I personally absorbed in the form of extra time worked. This new budget aims to be more inline with the costs.

The elected BU officials: President, Secretary and Developer will jointly agree expenditures for this BUIP and will monitor progress through monthly reviews.

Previous Related BUIPs
BUIP132: Ecosystem Outreach & Marketing for BU & On-chain Scaling
BUIP148: Ecosystem Outreach & Marketing for BU & On-chain Scaling 2
BUIP153: BU Blockparty - Let's Get Building On Bitcoin Cash!

Here are the reviews (as per this proposal) for BUIP148 and BUIP153:
BUIP148 Review - October 2020
BUIP153 Review - October 2020
BUIP148 Review - November 2020
BUIP153 Review - November 2020

New Related BUIPs
BUIP160: BCH Developer On-ramp System
BUIP161: Bitcoin Unlimited Website Refresh

Impact of Services Provided During 2020

"Do you think BU is valuable to the BCH ecosystem?" = +20% improvement
"Do you support the idea of multiple implementations for BCH?" = 0% change
"Do you think BU has a strong vision for the future of BCH?" = +20% improvement
"Do you think Bitcoin Unlimited is a competent organization?" = +19% improvement
"Would you run a BU node or recommend BCH businesses run a BU node?" = +16% imrovement

Expected Impact for 2021
By better communicating the excellent work that BU does within the ecosystem through the use of visually rich, digestible and branded messaging, BU will become an even more capable leader for the BCH ecosystem. It will allow BU to communicate complex but crucial subjects more effectively while reaching a wider audience. This BUIP will encourage further engagement and participation of not only the BU membership but also the wider BCH community in BU, which will offer significant advantages over the long-term.

By pulling in more developers into the BCH ecosystem, BU will gain access to the talented people it requires to achieve its vision for the future, a global peer-to-peer electronic cash. The BCH ecosystem in general will also gain enormously from having an ever expanding talent pool. A stronger BCH will mean a stronger BU thanks to greater access to resources and funding.

Last edited:

donald26

Feb 2, 2024
HOW YOU CAN RECOVER YOUR LOST CRYPTO/FUNDS: Lost hope in a crypto scam? I got my $394,330 back! I invested $430,000 in a bogus crypto site. Big returns promised, withdrawals blocked, extra fees demanded – it was a nightmare. Feeling trapped, I even considered the unthinkable. My family helped me through it, and my niece suggested HACKERSTEVE911. They'd helped her with grades, but I'd never thought of them for this. I contacted them, expecting little. But within four days, they recovered $394,330 back to my wallet! My hope, my life, was back. If you're in a similar situation, don't lose hope. Contact them on hackersteve911@gmail.com